September 24, 2007

But I Eat the Sides

We had some friends over for dinner last week and we were trying to decide if we should have blackberries on our ice cream for dessert. Ben said no way he was having anything on his ice cream, just plain please. Our friend suggested he put some blackberries on the side, to which he replied "But I eat the sides!" Such true logic for him at five, and so hilarious for the rest of us.
A page about kite flying on a very blustery day last spring.

Ben doing his pokey, proddy, destroy-stuff "boy thing" in the woods. The same little boy who touches my face gently in the morning and says "I love you."

We've sung this song to Claire since she was a tiny baby and it was so nice to reflect on that memory while I was making this page. I also sang it for quite a while after I finished because it was stuck in my head. When I used to work the freight crew at our local food co-op, the other girls and I would try to think of the worst jingle ever to sing, knowing it would get stuck in everyone's head for the day. Funny how all those memories came out of one little page.

No comments: