September 20, 2007

Thanks Dad

for posting a comment on my blog. I like to know our families are seeing what I'm posting. It's such a great way for our farway relatives to get a little peek into our lives. So here goes the next three.

Ben likes Claire to help him dress up as Mrs. Nesbit from Toy Story, complete with makeup.

I am really proud of Mark and the work he does. It amazes me that he has such an acute understanding of the life of plants at such a deep level. The event we attended was orchestrated by the university and celebrated him as an inventor and patent awardee. This event is where I met the woman whom I then met again later. I talked about these meetings in my coincidence post.

Ben has a discovery toys race track that he likes to do all kinds of things with besides using it as a racetrack. This time he made hats for all of us to wear.
Claire has been so upset to go to school this week because she wants to stay home and play in her room. One of the downfalls of living so far out of town is that we have a lot of travel time. She's often gone from home nine hours on a school day. I know this is normal for a lot of kids, but not for us. We all really like hanging around home. I'm hoping we get a little down time this weekend for her to lounge around. It's got me thinking a lot about how we overschedule our kids. I really like to hear my kids say they're bored because it means they've got a lot of extra time to relax and do nothing. And so it should be with kids. There's plenty of time for busyness later in life.

1 comment:

Kristi O said...

I am loving your layouts. It is great. Thanks for posting them, I hope you will keep it up. It is helping me find a happy place this week in the admist of way too much trauma. Thanks for providing me an outlet for sanity.