September 10, 2007

Coincidences

They've been on my mind because some really "coincidental" things have been happening to me in an almost Truman-esque way lately. For example, I'm driving down the road and a song is playing that I like. I'm thinking how I downloaded that song recently and that leads me to think about the other songs on that CD. I'm thinking I really haven't heard U2's "Beautiful Day" in a while and it would be oh so nice. Then it comes on the radio next. No shit. Gave me goose bumps.

Then, last March Mark was honored as a patent recipient at a WSU banquet. We sat at a table with some other folks and met a couple who had just moved here from Kansas. Had a great time and went on our merry way. Last week as I was going through some of my art stuff, I found the pictures and ephemera from that event and decided to scrapbook it. I spent some time looking at the seating cards and Mark's name in the brochure and about the people we met and what we ate. The very next day I met the woman from Kansas again at an impromtu women's meeting I had just that morning decided to attend!!

I am a fairly grounded person. Religion and the metaphysical world don't do much for me. But stuff like that sure makes me think. About life. And what's out there that we know nothing about. Either I am an extremely powerful and important person in this universe, or it's all just a coincidence.

A little brain fodder for the Monday morning.

No comments: